Monday 10 September 2012

C.E.L.E.B .R.A.T.I.O.N.S.

So, it was another 'celebration-full' weekend- beautiful colours, sweet playing music, Dancing shoes, mouth-watering dishes and of course jolly people here and there.

One of the celebrations was the Nikkai and engagement ceremonies between my university classmate, 'sexy Alhaja', Zainab Animashaun and her 'chocolate', Sanni Ibrahim. Trust me this was one love 'match-made' in heaven!









It all went down at the Eko club arcade, Bode Thomas, Surulere with Fuschia and Baby pink as colours of the day. So I made me this dress, inspired by Kate Winslet's dress...




















With the whole ensemble (or u may choose to call it 'total packaging') and unlike kate's dress, especially because of the 'puffy' sleeves and bow on the shoulder, with my hair-do as well, I ended up looking very much of my style aesthetic- Very Vintage!

I just love vintage dresses! Sometimes, its not just the design of the dress but the pattern of fabric as well and the polka dot is one pattern that has been for so long and it comes in some textures- cotton,
chiffon, taffetta. Like my dress is made of polished cotton and the polka dot part is taffetta- and I must say, there are some really nice patterns with this texture, very different from the plain ones you see everyday.

Ok, ok! Let's see some Tit- bits from the wedding...
































Now, still 'celebrating', the younger ones are not leftout of 'polka- dotting'! It was the birthdays of my dear god-daughter, Jasmine and daughter of my friend, Dara who turned 4 and 1 respectively.


 Jasmine



 Dara


May God bless these little ones and keep them in the hollow of His hands, Amen.

Have a fab week guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment